Sunday, November 7, 2010

On Wednesday nights I lead a book discussion group called Coffee Edition and we have just completed Radical by David Platt.  At times it was a hard and bitter pill to take but in the end we were all glad to have read it and in the end hearts had be changed to see the need for a global outlook in our faith.  So we agreed as a group to take on the challenge in the back of his book and one part is to read the Bible through in a year.  The Bible has been part of my life since birth so as I prayed I asked God to show me something new each day.  And this is the verse that hit home. on day one.
Genesis 4:25-26
Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth, saying, “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.”  Seth also had a son, and he named him Enosh.

At that time people began to call on the name of the LORD.

This last line jumped out at me.  At that time people began to call on the name of the Lord.  I can look back in my life and see when I began to call on the name of the Lord for France. and I pray now that this will be the time that the  people in France will make this the time to call on the name of the Lord.  

Lord, there is no better time then now to call on your name.  We know that there is power in Your Name.  Lord, I pray that as a nation France will call on you and make you Lord of their hearts and minds.  Lord, renew me in my prayer commitment in praying for France.  I have been slack concerning my promise to pray for France.  Please forgive me for my unfaithfulness.  Lord, Thank you for the people of France.  Bless those who are your children.  Lift them up and hold them close.  Provide for them and encourage them in Your Holy Name.  Thank you for blessed faithfulness on our lives and we praise and thank you for all that you do.  Please Lord, let this be the time the people of France call on your most Holy and precious name.  For this very thing we pray in the name of Jesus, most Holy.  Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment