Wednesday, December 15, 2010

La Joie

THE REASONS FOR JOY


CHRIST THE LORD

Luke 2:10-12 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
Lord, you are the Christ whom the angels announced on that night so long ago, bringing great joy to this world. Your joy continues to come into our hearts and lives. I thank you for being the reason for our Joy.

HEAVENLY HOME

Lord, I look forward to home in heaven. It brings great joy knowing that you are preparing a home with you. Abundant joy comes from the security of where I will spend eternity with you.

REDEEMED SAINTS

Father, I thank you for all our brothers and sisters in Christ. Joy comes from all who have gone before me, for they have left behind stories of your grace. Through their lives I have seen your faithfulness. Because of them I have joy and confidence that you are unchangeable.

Father, thank you for the joy we have in worshiping and serving together here in France. I thank you for the faithful body of believers. Father, I pray that our joy will increase in the days and months to come.

IMMANUEL

Matthew 1:23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).

Jesus, you have come to be with us and with your coming you have brought great joy. Lord, you emptied yourself taking on the form of a servant being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form you humbled yourself. Jesus, Immanuel you came to be with us. Lord, let your joy be reborn in our hearts this Christmas season.

SALVATION

Psalm 35:9 Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD and delight in his salvation.
Father, I rejoice in you and in your salvation. Thank you for providing my salvation through your Son Jesus Christ. Your salvation brings joy to my heart and I desire to share your story with others, so they too will know your joy.

THE HOLY SPIRIT

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Lord, you have given us the Holy Spirit to live in my hearts. Joy is a fruit that He brings into my hearts and life each day. Holy Spirit, thank you for the joy you bring to my life. I pray that others will see your Joy in me.

MESSAGE

Lord, I thank you for the message of joy you have given us to share. Lord, you have asked us to go and I pray that this during this Christmas seasons you will help us to go. Bring people across our path that need to know about your joy and what it brings.

ABIDING LOVE

Father, you have given to us your love in the birth of Jesus your son, even though it cost you everything. Lord, I thank you for your abiding love that you have given to me. Your love gives me the ability to love others. For this I am grateful.

SCRIPTURE

The word became flesh and dwelt among us. Lord, You are the True Word, who chooses to speak to us. It began in the garden when you walked and talked with Adam and Eve. Lord, from the beginning of time you have chosen to speak with us. You have given us not only yourself, but also your Word. Thank you for the joy your Word brings to us.

Christmas is truly a reason for Joy

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. My name's Luke, and I'm a representative for Word of Life's missions work around the world. Thank you for including a link to our ministry on your site, however, the link that you have doesn't seem to work. People could find more information about the ministry here, though: http://missions.wol.org/content/france

    Thanks, and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Luke, I hope the link is working now.

    ReplyDelete