Sunday, April 3, 2011

Out of the Darkness

John 8:12

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

This week I have been thinking about the difference in the Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of this world and this is one of the difference.  Light and darkness.  For those who do not believe in Christ their life here is the best it will ever be.  What they have and do is their glory.  Their sunny days here are the only sunny and beautiful days they will ever have.  This is their light.  The world's knowledge and wisdom, riches and fame, best wine, and food, but in contrast Those who believe that Jesus is the Light of the world and His kingdom that He is preparing is much better then all we can attain from this kingdom. He gives us glimpses of His ability to create beauty.  Why do I desire to walk in the darkness.  Why do I pursue after the world's trinkets? 

Lord, you are my Savior, and Master,  yet I find myself peering back into the darkness wondering and longing for what I fear I am missing. Forgive me, oh please forgive me.  I desire to follow without looking back.  I count it all loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord.  Father, thank you for your light in my life.  This week I feel like I grew more in your light.  So, I pray the same for the believers in France.  Lord, I pray that the temptations of the darkness will not draw them away from your light.  Lord, reveal to them the darkness that they have left is only there to pull them away from you.  Let the believers in France walk in your light so that others who are still in the darkness will desire your Light.  Thank you Father for being the Light of the World. We pray all these things in the name of Jesus, our Light.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment