Thursday, July 14, 2011

Étape 12 Cugnaux to Luz-Ardiden

Today we went up the mountains.  Two HC climbs today.  We found ourselves back on the Col du Tourmalet.  Last year Andy and Contador climbed sided by side, but today Andy was able to end the day ahead of the Contador by a few more seconds Thomas Voeckler keeps the yellow jersey but his lead has been eaten into by a few seconds.
I heard the statement that the climbers are willing to suffer to get over the mountain.  That phase has been bouncing around in my head and I had to ask myself am I willing to suffer to reach the goal?  Am I willing to suffer for Christ.  To be honest I don't have an answer yet. 

Lord, as they suffer up the mountain we search our own hearts and think about are we willing to suffer for You.  Are we willing to dig deep and go the extra mile when the road gets steep? Will we continue to go or will we quit?  Lord, give us the strength to continue when it is hard and the suffering begins.  Help us to see that the finish line is ahead and you are beside us.  Thank you for going with us up the mountains in our lives.  We pray all these things in the name of  Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment