Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lyon in Rhône Department (69)

Psalms 119:18.
Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

Lyon is the capital of Rhône Alpes with over 1 1/2 million people.  There are around 40 evangelical churches in Lyon and the surrounding areas.  For France that is good amount of churches but when you look at my city which is Mobile, Alabama and we have around 150,000 people and with 200 Baptist Churches you can see the need.  I am grateful for each local church here in Lyon and continue to pray for them.  There are many interesting site to find out more about the city of Lyon.  A few facts about Lyon.  It has the most restaurants per capita after Paris, fresh made chocolates. the silk capital, and known for its history of printing.  During the Reformation the Bible was printed here.

Lord,
Your word was important here long ago make it important again.  Lord open our eyes so that I may see the wonderful things in your law.  Lord, I pray this for myself and for Lyon.  Let us see how truly wonderful you are.  Thank you for all the Churches in Lyon who are faithfully preaching your word.  Give them a hunger for your word and the desire to share each truth they learn with others.  Thank you for all that You are doing in lives and hearts here in Lyon.  Lord, I know there is a Christian publisher here in Lyon but I cannot find their website but Lord, you know their name and their needs, please bless them on this day and for the days to come as they translate and print material for all to read and learn about you.  Thank you again for all you do. 
I praise you and pray in the name of Jesus.
 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment