Sunday, July 18, 2010

Étape 15 Pamiers > Bagnères-de-Luchon

On route today we come to MAS-D’AZIL.  This town is rich in protestant church history.  When there were times of persecution they, early Christians, Albigensians, and Huguenots, sought refuge in these caves. . The biggest cave is Mas-d'Azil. Its Caverne Merveilleuse extends 2-1/2 miles.  Two scriptures come to mind.

Psalms 32:7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.  and
Psalms 18:2  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

I am glad the Word of God the Huguenots believed in is still the same today and their God is our God.  In times of hardship and persecution they trusted in God to protect them and to be their strength.  I am honored by the rich heritage we have as believers in Christ.  It will be glorious to be in Heaven and hear the stories of God's goodness to all of them. 

Sovereign Lord,
As we travel through France today, we see our church history unfold before us.  In these stories of the past we see your faithfulness and we are blessed to know that you never change.  I praise you for all that you did for this region in the time of the Huguenots and others who have lived here believing in your salvation.  Lord, I pray that you will gather together a mighty army of believers who will once more stand for the truth of the word of God.  Lord, thank you for those you have saved and those whom you will save, but we know that they can only be saved through the hearing of your word.  Bring believers to this area to boldly preach the gospel of Christ.  I pray these things in the name of Jesus the Alpha and the Omega.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment