Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Region of Nord-Pas-de-Calais

 On the northern coast of France one will find the region of Nord-Pas-de-Calais containing two departments
59 Nord  -  Lille
62 Pas de Calais - Dunkerque.

This region is filled with people.  It has 323.7 people per km2 over 4 million people total.  It is one of the most densely populated areas of France.  During WWII the city of   Dunkerque was the first city in France to be liberated from Germany.  When I thought about liberty and what it most mean to the people of Nord-Pas-de-Calais, I had to wonder if they had been reminded of Jesus and how he can set us free from the enemy of our own souls.  Pray for the churches in this area, pray that people will be willing to hear the Gospel message as they teach and preach God's word.  Pray for our brothers and sisters as they live each day for our Lord growing in the wisdom only He can provide through the reading of His word and through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  Pray that others will see Christ in their lives and desire to know Him. 

Father God,
I pray for the people of Nord-Pas-de-Calais, I pray they will see the need to be free from the bondage of sin.  I pray that they will hear the good news that your son, Jesus has paid for their lives with His own.  Thank you Father for loving us and seeing my need of you.  Thank you for your salvation and I pray that you will allow your grace to be poured out over the departments of Nord and Pas-de-Calais.  Bring freedom and liberty to all who believe on your name.
 I pray in the name of Jesus, my liberator.  Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment