Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December 8 The Love of God

THE LOVE OF GOD


The love of God is greater far
Than tongue or pen can ever tell;
It goes beyond the highest star,
And reaches to the lowest hell;
The guilty pair, bowed down with care,
God gave His Son to win;
His erring child He reconciled,
And pardoned from his sin.
Refrain
O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure
The saints’ and angels’ song.
Frederick M. Lehman      1948

Holy Father,
You have loved us with an everlasting love which we can not measure and no words can adequately express your love. I humbly come before you to worship you, for you alone are worthy of worship. Lord, you love us even when we only deserve your judgment. Each day you bring to us your love in so many ways that we need to stop for a moment and praise you for your boundless love to us. Lord, I thank you for the gift of Jesus born in a manger so long ago. He came because of your love for me. In obedience he died in my place. He took all of my sins and washed them away with his very own blood. Lord, I thank you for this gift I do not deserve, but yet you love me. 
I pray all these things in the name of Jesus the gift of God's love.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment