Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love is

Our Loving Father,

We thank you for your never ending love. Vast, unmeasured, boundless free! Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me, underneath me, all around me, Is the current of Thy love; leading onward, leading home-ward, To my glorious rest above. Thank you for your deep love for me.

1 Corinthians 13:1-8a, 13
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Father,
If we have wonderful music programs or great programs for children but have no love than what good are we to you? If the best sermons with all knowledge and faith are preached from your pulpit, but we have no love, then is it just noise to your ears? Lord, forgive us of our sins of selfishness and our judgmental spirit. Fill us with your love so that your love will be seen in us.

If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Lord, this weekend go with us as we are step out into our city streets to share your love to those who need  you, but Jesus if we go without your love then we will not be there for you. I fear that we will only be there for ourselves. I pray Father that we will go with your love for others. Give us humble hearts to serve others.

Jesus your love is:
patient,
kind.
It does not envy,
it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.
Your love never fails.

Father I want your love to be my love.
Lord, I pray that your Holy Spirit will move in and through us with his convicting power. Lord, I pray that our hearts will be willing to confess our sins. When we hear your voice we will see our need of you. Lord, please use us as your Church.  Break our hearts over the spiritual need of others Lord, help us to open our hearts and move over in our pews and share the good news with those who come. Use your Church here in France and begin a revival and start it here in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment